Volunteering at River Arts is a great way to give back to the community, learn more about the arts, and meet new people. From help with events and programs, constructing art pieces, maintenance, to committee teams, come share your skills and lend a hand!
We are currently seeking volunteers to help with the following categories:
- Event Team: From ART100 and Viva Las Artes fundraising events, help us set up the event and during the event we need hands on deck at the door, managing auctions, and of course, cleaning up!
- Float Team: Help in the create the best-ever 4th of July float! From creative planning, construction, painting, and marching in the Morrisville parade – come join the team.
- Arts Team: Calling creative volunteers to help in everything from constructing new kid’s art activities, painting banners, and creating festive street signage.
- Youth Programs Team: BIG & Messy ART Space seeks volunteers interested in helping with set-up, clean-up, and assisting during the family art space on Sunday mornings. We also need reliable helpers to assist with the Wednesday Night Live Art Tent, which involves setting up tent, facilitating art activity, photographing event, and breaking down the tent.
- Maintenance Team: Do you have any carpentry, woodworking, painting, groundskeeping, licensed plumbing, or licensed electrical (etc.) skills? Help us by lending us your talents periodically here River Arts!
- Office and Marketing Team: Come in once a week or so to help us catch up on administrative work, organizing and filing. These positions are ideal for someone who is retired and has experience working in an office, or someone who is between jobs wanting to stay sharp and help build their resume. The tasks will vary from week to week, for example, if you are tech savvy and adept at data entry, help us keep different online calendars updated with our upcoming events. Marketing help includes social media shares, internet promoting, distributing flyers, and spreading the word around town about the great things going on at River Arts!
- Gallery Team: Do you have a good eye and steady hands? Do you have experience or interest in helping to hang art? Join our Gallery Team! This would include prepping the gallery before and after shows (spackling holes, taking down previous exhibit, spot painting), as well as assisting in hanging art.
If you would like to contribute your time, enthusiasm and skills to the River Arts Center, please contact us at 802-888-1261 or [email protected] Note that all volunteer positions are unpaid.