Kinder Arts Instructor
River Arts seeks a part-time Kinder Arts Program Instructor to bring energy and enthusiasm teaching visual arts weekly to preschool classrooms throughout Lamoille County for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Planning art lessons for classrooms with children ages 3-5 in groups up to 16 children in drawing, painting, sculpture, clay and photography
- Introducing students to artists, genres and techniques through books and images
- Communicating to families via newsletters sharing the projects, techniques and/or artists/themes discussed in class
- Encouraging students to describe what they see, finding similarities and differences in works of art. Engaging students in group discussion/critique with positive, encouraging guidance
Our ideal candidate:
- Great interpersonal and organizational skills; a knowledge of child development; an ability to multitask and execute an art project during a one-hour class period; and an ability to communicate and work in partnership with classroom teachers.
- Classroom experience in an early childhood setting
- Bachelor degree in Arts Education, or related field preferred
- A Vermont Driver’s License and reliable transportation
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
River Arts currently has internship opportunities available in marketing, exhibitions and education. Please email resume and references to [email protected] Note that all intern positions are unpaid.